cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MG4250 when trying to log onto google cloud print read error cannot log on to server

rather10
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rather10,

Canon has determined that a number of users are experiencing difficulties using Google Cloud Print with their products.  Canon is currently working on resolving this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rather10,

Canon has determined that a number of users are experiencing difficulties using Google Cloud Print with their products.  Canon is currently working on resolving this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The problem has not be solved yet!!!

I got same problem. Rubbish waste of money . What point buy internet printer when dosen't work??

Hi tobek5,

Since the middle of June, 2015, a phenomenon has been seen where printer registration or printing cannot be performed in Google Cloud Print. It is due to change of the Google servers authentication method.

No measures are planned for the printer; to resolve the phenomenon, the printer firmware needs to be upgraded. However, the firmware upgrade cannot be performed due to the printer capabilities.

As a workaround, you can use Google Cloud Print without the phenomenon by connecting the printer to the internet using a PC.  For further details, please visit the Google Cloud Print home page here, then click on "Cloud Ready Printers," at the top right of the page, then click on the link for "Setting Up Other Printers", then "Add a Classic Printer," and finally "Connect your Classic Printer."

What?

Are you telling me a 4250 is a cloud printer without cloud functionality?

Is there really no way to change the firmware?

I am disappointed, to put it mildly.

What?

I've just come home with a Canon Cloud Ready Printer and now read this?

FFS Canon. 

What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Chuck it in the skip?

Hello Ramona,

I am surprised this is marked as having a solution. It has not. Can you please confirm if the Canon 4250 is cloud ready or not - it is still bneing marketing as such, and yet the firmware issue seems to prevent it being registered on the google cloud print service. This appears to be an outstanding issue for many people for several years.  People (including me) have purchased the printer on the basis it is cloud ready, which is not the case.

I have just switched my laptop for a Chromebook, so to say the only way I can print is to print through an attached PC is nonsense. That is not cloud printing. I can do that with any old printer. Or could if I had a PC to attach it to. 

Please can you confirm if the 4250 is or will be cloud ready, and if not I shall be returning and suggest you change your literature and inform retailers that it is not fit for purpose as a cloud printer. 

Has Canon solved this problem?  If so what's the solution?

esintibim
Apprentice
Bad firm and rubbish products equals Canon
Announcements