Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannon MG4250 when trying to log onto google cloud print read error cannot log on to server

Product Expert

Re: Cannon MG4250 when trying to log onto google cloud print read error cannot log on to server

Hi rather10,

Canon has determined that a number of users are experiencing difficulties using Google Cloud Print with their products.  Canon is currently working on resolving this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: Cannon MG4250 when trying to log onto google cloud print read error cannot log on to server

The problem has not be solved yet!!!

New Contributor

I got same problem. Rubbish waste of money . What point buy internet printer when dosen't work??

Product Expert

Hi tobek5,

Since the middle of June, 2015, a phenomenon has been seen where printer registration or printing cannot be performed in Google Cloud Print. It is due to change of the Google servers authentication method.

No measures are planned for the printer; to resolve the phenomenon, the printer firmware needs to be upgraded. However, the firmware upgrade cannot be performed due to the printer capabilities.

As a workaround, you can use Google Cloud Print without the phenomenon by connecting the printer to the internet using a PC.  For further details, please visit the Google Cloud Print home page here, then click on "Cloud Ready Printers," at the top right of the page, then click on the link for "Setting Up Other Printers", then "Add a Classic Printer," and finally "Connect your Classic Printer."

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

What?

Are you telling me a 4250 is a cloud printer without cloud functionality?

Is there really no way to change the firmware?

I am disappointed, to put it mildly.

New Contributor

Bad firm and rubbish products equals Canon
Highlighted
New Contributor

What?

I've just come home with a Canon Cloud Ready Printer and now read this?

FFS Canon. 

What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Chuck it in the skip?