cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect MG3620 printer wirelessly with my mac.

SSantos
Apprentice

The system doesn't find the printer and when it does it says connection failed.

9 REPLIES 9

Ramona
Authority

Hi SSantos,

So we can better assist you, please let us know what version of Mac OS X you have on your Mac.  You can find this information by going to your APPLE MENU and selecting ABOUT THIS MAC.  

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this problem too.  I have another Pixma which has no problem with wifi connection.

I am using the latest release of OS X 10.11.5.

Whenever I use the IJ Network Tool it gives me this error message "An error occurred while communicating with the printer."

As I have another Pixma with which I can connect via wifi it would seem that the problem is in the printer not my network or Mac.

I have printed out the Network Configuration Page and it shows:

Wireless LAN       Enable

Infrastructure   Disable

Your help will be appreciated.

I'm also looking for a fix for this for our ImageRunner 5235

Hi, hstrack! Thanks for posting!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

Danny,

Good to see that Canon is moderating this thread.  Is there any chance that a suggested solution will be posted soon?

Hello.

The printer will first have to be connected to your Wi-Fi router. 

An easy way to do this would be to use an Android or iOS device.  Please download our "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" app on your mobile device. 

Once you have opened the app, select the printer icon at the top of the app and perform the registration process of the printer. 

Once connected, visit www.canon.com/ijsetup to download the setup software.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, this did not work.  I have two Canon IJ printers with wifi capability.  Only one connects to wifi and that is the one that this app sees.  It just doesn't see my MG3620.

What next?

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

I am using the USB connection with the printer and can get by without the wireless link.  So I'll leave it there.  I have a complex network and the type of troubleshooting vendors follow is more disruptive than it's worth.

Thank you for trying.

Announcements