Canon Community Canon Community

Respected Contributor

Re: speedlite 580ex II flashes at full power

That's interesting.  Glad you got it fixed.  Nice find HSBN.

Occasional Contributor

HI Smiley Happy
I have this problem again. My flash failed. I used yongnuo 622c. And after that, it suddenly started to flashes at full power. Can yongnuo 622c to cause this problems?

Occasional Contributor

Hi, again.

After shortly research I found that 580ex II has a factory problems. When HSS is turn on, IGBT-burned out. Which part I should replace to fix the problems?

Rez
Occasional Contributor

Hi,I have orderd the part you mentioned ,Could I do the replacment or should be done by a qualified electronic engineer? thanks already

Rez
Occasional Contributor

Hi Could you please direct me as where and how I can fix this capacitor in 580 exii  ? thanks already

We just wanted to let you know that we don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs. So, if you’re experiencing a problem with your Speedlite 580 EXII, it’s best to let a professional Canon Factory Service Center Technician do the work to keep you and your gear safe.

New Contributor

Hi ..... I have the very same problem as you... i have down loaded a manual, but it is way above my experience. could you tell me where and who did this for you ? ? or did you do it your self. really don't want to pay canon prices, well really cannot affford canon prices. Thanking you ion anticipation of your reply. Regards Karl

Rez
Occasional Contributor

I think someone has to be kind here and draw a sketch showing how one can do the repair,its not fair I pay that much to canon when i bought this new only 15 month ago with little usage .

The cheapest repair is around £200 ,WTF

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello there!
I bought  an IGBT (transistor)  (part # RJP4301) from ebay. After that I changed it. It`s cost me 5$.

PS: But after that i had to change and my bulb and some other elements.

Rez
Occasional Contributor

Hi,Got my part a month ago but dont know where is it in the circuit ,could you direct me where and how to get there,would be a big help to many like me-thanks already