cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 580 ex ii flash

sportnet23
Apprentice

I have a Canon 580 EX II flash and when it is not attached to a camera when I test the flash it kinda acts like a strobe and hangs a bit.  Once attached to the camera it functions properly.  Any idea what is going on?  Does it need to be sent in for repair?  HELP

It was not in strobe mode -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@sportnet23 wrote:

I have a Canon 580 EX II flash and when it is not attached to a camera when I test the flash it kinda acts like a strobe and hangs a bit.  Once attached to the camera it functions properly.  Any idea what is going on?  Does it need to be sent in for repair?  HELP

Check the Custom Function settings on the flash itself, sounds like it is set to fire the 'Modeling Light'. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@sportnet23 wrote:

Check the Custom Function settings on the flash itself, sounds like it is set to fire the 'Modeling Light'. 

That was it.  Thanks

Announcements