cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Flash Assembly

alexandremayeur
Contributor

Hello, 

I just received my flash repair from canon. With the flash (working now super well), there is a sheet of paper were is explained the problem. 

They says : " the flash assembly did not operate properly (...) it was replaced."

I don't understand what is the flash assembly ? Is it the mother board of the flash ? Is it something else ? 

Does anyone have an idea ?

(it's a 600ex-RT flash).

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I would guess the high voltage supply and the tube, as opposed to the interface electronics.

diverhank
Authority

Canon calls everything an assembly, even a battery door is a battery door assembly.  Without spelling it out on the paper one can only guess.  My guess would be it was the Flash tube reflector assembly.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

lol, ok . 

So no way to know what was the real issue with my flash, why it happened hand what did they really change ! 

Because, tell me if I am wrong, there is no way to contact the technician directly, and the Chat service and the Call service are not technician ....

What was the original problem?

The flash didn't stay in ETTL , always comes back to TTL , and fire at 100% power each time . 

I wonder what facility it was sent in to. The ETTL issue could be the hotshoe accessory being worn, but coupled with the full fire issue, It was more than likely the battery box. The actual part the bulb is attached to is called the flash head assembly.
Announcements