cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with speedlite 600EX RT

racystar
Apprentice

My flash fires sometimes and sometimes not. Both on camera and even when I press the red ligt and the flash is not connected to the camera. Same with new and old batteries and whatever I do. The flash seems to think it was fired when it is not cause it is a flashsign in the camera when the picture is taken. I have EOS 5D mk3. What could be the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

diverhank
Authority

@racystar wrote:

My flash fires sometimes and sometimes not. Both on camera and even when I press the red ligt and the flash is not connected to the camera. Same with new and old batteries and whatever I do. The flash seems to think it was fired when it is not cause it is a flashsign in the camera when the picture is taken. I have EOS 5D mk3. What could be the problem?

There is simply not enough info in your post to make heads or tails out of your problem(s).  When you have any problem, the first thing you'd want to do is to narrow down the cause..eliminating possible cause and hopefully you will find the real cause.

The first thing I would do is to check the flash manual and find out how to reset the flash to factory default.  There are a lot of settings that could prevent the flash from doing what you expect it to.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd start to clean the battery contacts on the flash, then the contacts on the flash foot

on the flash then the contacts on the camera...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

F25CBE1F-DE97-48A7-B0A2-ABD9B7D31D42.png

If if you clear all settings and test flash button still doesn’t fire flash you will probably need to send it for repair. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements