Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Second Curtain Sync

So as I have been reading the 600ex-rt is not capable of second curtain sync when wirelessly using the flash even with the OEM speedlight transmitter (ST-E3-RT). When I bought the flash and transmitter, I wasn't using second curtain sync all that much so I did not really look into his capability but now I would like to have the flexibilty. Is there a work arond for this?

Marc

Respected Contributor

Re: Second Curtain Sync

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, no. 

I don't see why Canon flashes cannot do this on a canon camera when third-party flashes can. I have Phottix Mitros + radio  flashes that do second curtain sync off camera.  They also let you adjust the zoom remotely. 

Scott

Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Occasional Contributor

That's a real shame as I was looking to add another speedlight to my kit. Thanks for the reply.

Marc

Respected Contributor

One option is an off camera flash cord.