Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question from instruction manual

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My T6S manual has the following box:

flashq.jpg

Under what conditions could this possibly be true?

4 REPLIES 4

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The only condition I have ever heard of is the light's tail-off showing up in a highly reflective surface (such as a mirror).  The flash would have already fired and be cooling down, but you might see a faint glow.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

The only condition I have ever heard of is the light's tail-off showing up in a highly reflective surface (such as a mirror).  The flash would have already fired and be cooling down, but you might see a faint glow.

You can see more than just the tail-off in a mirror. You can see the actual flash. It is easy to test in a mirror yourself., set your slave off to the side and have your camera and masterflash pointed at a mirror.

Nikon actually makes a Nikon SG-3IR IR Panel for Built-In Flash to surpress that when using their built-in flash as a master flash controller.

Nikon SG-3IR

I don't think it would be compatible with Canon gear (without some Dremel work) as it would probably press the button on the hot shoe to indicate there is an external flash there by disabling the built-in flash. 

I will have to try this...

In addition to being visible in a mirror, you will also see bright areas on reflective surfaces if you are shooting at very close distances with moderately high ISO. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements