cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso set to auto and camera adjust it to 400 with flash unit On

Juliuslepetit
Apprentice

What about that ?! In Av, Tv and Manual modes, when the flash is turned on, that my ISO settings are on AUTO, when I pressed half shutter, the camera set the ISO back to 400!

Now I have to fix my iso manually to 800, 1600 or else to be able to catch some ambient light!!

Why !!?  I want it to be auto, not 400 ! I request a fix to this issue or a On/Off at least !

I really don't understand why Canon is doing this.

Absurd.

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority

Interesting.  I just shoot in Manual when trying to do something way off-exposure with flash.  I have never noticed the ISO resetting itself though.  What camera are you using?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Yes, noticed this in the past on my 7D but I really don't use auto ISO with flash so it hasn't been any issue for me. I. Actually forgot about this condition until I read your post.

Edit: And if I recall right, the Auto is always and only 400, is that what you are seeing?

I am actually using the Canon 6D.

I'll train myself to fix the iso setting instead.... but I would like to have had the choice to do what I want with these settings.. !!

I would like to let the iso auto to max 3200 iso and with a 1/180 to 1/60 option turned on in Av mode and when theres not enough light, the flash take the lead, on ettl...

thanks

To cacth ambient tlight more then with 400 iso !!
Announcements