cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash meter reading for two seperate speedlite set up for off camera flash

Sanjaydesai
Enthusiast

Recently I have purchased Sekonic 308S flash meter. How can I take flash meter reading for two seperate speedlite to be used as off camera flash.

For one flash unit I can do but for two separate flash units defined in two separate groups how can I take for an individual speedlite flash meter reading.

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

@Sanjaydesai wrote:

Recently I have purchased Sekonic 308S flash meter. How can I take flash meter reading for two seperate speedlite to be used as off camera flash.

For one flash unit I can do but for two separate flash units defined in two separate groups how can I take for an individual speedlite flash meter reading.

Why would you want to get individual readings? When you take the shot, the camera sees composite set of light.

There is a mode (I think they call it incident)  when you twist the sphere, it recesses into the housing. So when you point the Sekonic towards the desired flash, it will measure mostly that flash.

If I were you I'd just fire off one flash without the other in normal mode to get individual readings from each flash.  From the flash controller you can turn on/off individual flash easily.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Thanks for your response.Please note that Sekonic 308 has no facility to move lumisphere inside. It just slides up or down along the slider. I am looking for a setting in master ( ST - E3 - RT ) which allows me to fire the only flash for which I need reading. If I assign two different group A and B for two speedlite then how can I fire group A flsah keeping group B flash off and repeat the same for group B flash by keeping group A flash off. I want to do this through flash trigger ST - E3 - RT

@Sanjaydesai wrote:

If I assign two different group A and B for two speedlite then how can I fire group A flsah keeping group B flash off and repeat the same for group B flash by keeping group A flash off. I want to do this through flash trigger ST - E3 - RT

You can set the ST-E3-RT to group mode (GR).  There all 5 groups are shown (3 visible without scrolling down) and you can highlight each group, change modes for each group (M, ETTL, Ext-A, etc) and also in this case, press the far left top button (labeled on/off) to turn off each group.  This GR is the most powerful and versatile mode...you shouldn't need to use anything else.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements