cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEL and AEL hold for Canon EOS 6D

Sanjaydesai
Enthusiast

I have been using Canon EOS 6D for last couple of months. I have been trying to get accostomed with functions of Camera. For FEL function to work is it mendatory that the exosure should be in manual mode. When I try to use FEL in Av mode after focusing if I recompose the frame by moving the camera the exposure ( shutter speed ) changes.

For AE lock and hold the flash does not pre fire before taking the shot. Is this correct.

The back button * can be assigned either for AE lock and hold or FEL. If I want to have both AE lock and Hold and FEL how can I do.

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Sanjaydesai wrote:

I have been using Canon EOS 6D for last couple of months. I have been trying to get accostomed with functions of Camera. For FEL function to work is it mendatory that the exosure should be in manual mode. When I try to use FEL in Av mode after focusing if I recompose the frame by moving the camera the exposure ( shutter speed ) changes.

For AE lock and hold the flash does not pre fire before taking the shot. Is this correct.

The back button * can be assigned either for AE lock and hold or FEL. If I want to have both AE lock and Hold and FEL how can I do.

Use Back Button Focus to lock the focus.  You can use either One Shot or AI Focus mode.  Once you release the BBF button the auto focus will remain where it is, unless you press BBF again.  The shutter will fire irregardless of the camera being focused or not, when you use BBF.

To keep the exposure locked, once you set the exposure, you will need to keep the shutter half pressed while you re-compose the shot after you lock the exposure.  Or, you can use Manual shooting mode where nothing changes unless YOU change it.

[EDIT]  Most 6D would not use the " * " button for BBF.  I use "AF ON".

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/backbutton_af_article.htmlp?searchid=14700903...

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements