cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600EX RT and GoDOX PB960

silvex
Apprentice

I have two canon's 600EX-RT and two externals GoDox PB960.

1. What is the proper powerup sequence? (flash->camera->PB960?)
  2. When using with Canon's ST-E3-RT every third frame the speedlites do not fire.
3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

@silvex wrote:

I have two canon's 600EX-RT and two externals GoDox PB960.

1. What is the proper powerup sequence? (flash->camera->PB960?)
  2. When using with Canon's ST-E3-RT every third frame the speedlites do not fire.

I was not going to answer your question since I don't have the GoDox PB960 which I assume is an external power pack...but I'll bite... common sense would suggest that you turn on the power pack before the flash.  But really , it doesn't really matter what power up sequence is...one would confirm that everything is properly powered up and linked by looking at the ST-E3-RT status.

I hate to be condescending to tell you the basics because beginners don't simply use external power packs and if you are not a beginner then you should be able to figure this one out yourself?  My advice to beginners would be:

1. Just use the flash internal batteries and to see if  problem # 2 still happen.  That would eliminate the PB960 as the culprit.

2. I'd check and make sure the flash Cfn function(s) is set so that it doesn't go to sleep too often.

3. I'd check and make sure the power pack connection to the flashes are OK

4. I'd check to see if the Godox has some sleep mode and turn that off...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Well, I am not asking because I am a pro :). I am asking because it does not make sense that I misss a every 3rd frame and perhaps I am missing a setting or expecting too much. The external battery pack, it is to give you a 1/3s recycling time. It provides 1,800 (1.8k) full strobes in a single charge.

There are a lot of reports of this external pack when older having problems holding charge...replacement of the batteries would solve the problem.  Also there are a lot of reports about cable connection...just stuff I read online...I don't use this pack.  You should isolate the problem , at least, down to this unit.  That would be my guess...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements