Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: 600EX-RT Problem

Glad you are getting it looked at.

Jason
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry for warming this old thread up, but could anyone resolve this problem? (Encounter it myself with a 5DmkIV and a brand new SL600ex II rt)
Esteemed Contributor

@Ju1ius wrote:
Sorry for warming this old thread up, but could anyone resolve this problem? (Encounter it myself with a 5DmkIV and a brand new SL600ex II rt)

Can you give us some more details of what you've tried and the results you've gotten? The OP's problem was never easy to follow and seemed inconsistent. (For example, what made him think the flash was firing at full power, given that the pictures were coming out black?)

Also, is this your first experience with ETTL flash, and have you read some of the other recent threads in the "Speedlites" subject area?

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

to quote the OP, in what i think was quite consistend in regards to the circumstances:

When set to ETTL the images are without flash impact (the flash goes off BEFORE the exposure is starting) - despite there is flash triggered.

In all other modes - Manual, EXT-A, EXT-M - the images are totally overexposed, white-out.

The 600ex-II-rt is out of the box new, factory settings! Tried it on a 5DmkIV, 5DmkII and M5.