cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

580ex2. I was shooting an event this weekend and my 580 all of the sudden the head "flaired" it li

brucenimmer
Apprentice

I was shooting an event this weekend when my 580exII when suddenly the head/flashtube "flaired", it looked very bright white and only lasted for a second.  The flash worked fine for the remainder of the shoot.  Wondering if this a loose flashtube or something else?  Is it something I could fix on my own?  Thanks for any information.

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Could you have accidentally turned on the modeling flash?

No.

If you were at an event, and there were other cameras and flashes in use, then you may have encountered some stray signal interference meant for another device.  I'd ignore it until it happens again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No other cameras there.

@brucenimmer wrote:

No other cameras there.

Not even cellphone cameras?  I'd chalk it up as a glitch, and ignore until it happens again.  Blame it on a stray nuetrino.

No other cameras that I saw and no cell phones being used either.  The same thing happened the night before while I was testing the flash unit at my home.  Thanks for the answers/help.

@brucenimmer wrote:

No other cameras that I saw and no cell phones being used either.  The same thing happened the night before while I was testing the flash unit at my home.  Thanks for the answers/help.

Okay, that is different.  It is likely not a glitch.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@brucenimmer wrote:

Okay, that is different.  It is likely not a glitch.

But I guess it slightly increases the probability that he inadvertently triggered the modelling light. Or that there's a sporadic short in the unit, causing the modelling light to go on by itself.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements