Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raw to jpg not working

fredfred
Contributor

Hi,

New to canon product, I have a problem with DPP4 :

after install it, all is working well, exept when i want to convert for raw ton JPG or TIFF.

The first time i convert a picture juste after the install, it works, i have the window with the progress bar, and the jpg is created.

then if a want to create a second jpg, the window with the progess bar never show, and i have in my task manager a process "Digital Photo Professional 4 Batch-> DPPBatchSaveMainForm" that never finish...

if i close and restart the DPP4 app, or restart computer, it does not change anything, i cant convert more raw to JPG...

i uninstall all canon software, clear all preference file, and all folder, restart computer, install all software again, the same thing happen, it work onces and never again.

computer : window 10 pro , I7 16G of ram,  nvidia 970

does anybody have a idea ?

hope that this message is clear to understant, i'm french and not good english writer.

thank you for any help !

Frédéric

ps: i have also try this solution from the forum:

Try downloading and running this Microsoft uninstall fixit tool. It's worked for me when I have programs acting strangely.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

nothing change

37 REPLIES 37

Remember that the "Convert & Save" commnd will convert only one picture, even if you select more than one. To convert several at once, you have to use the "Batch Process" command. Why such a clumsy arrangement in 2017? Probably just because it's always been that way.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

i try to convert only one raw at a time when i get this issue...

i have the same probleme with batch process that is also not working.

thank for your reply.

Have you established that it's the sequencing and not the picture itself that's causing the problem? IOW, if you try them in reverse order, does the first one still work and the second one doesn't? The reason I ask is tht there are still a few cameras on whose RAW files DPP4 doesn't work. What happens if the program encounters such a file may be unpredictable.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

yes i try it with a lot of pictures, i try to convert to jpg or to tiff.

Eatch time  i delete all part of the software reboot and reinstall it, it works one time, and never works again.

Camera is a EOS 80D / EF-S 18-135 USM

@fredfred wrote:

yes i try it with a lot of pictures, i try to convert to jpg or to tiff.

Eatch time  i delete all part of the software reboot and reinstall it, it works one time, and never works again.

Camera is a EOS 80D / EF-S 18-135 USM

What happens if you try to process JPEG to JPEG? 

DPP4 does not overwrite files without your confirmation.  Are sure that is not what is happening?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

has i say, wen i try to process a raw to jpg , (a other raw with a other name, and i change the name of the exit jpg),after validate,  the window with the progess bar never show, no jpg files is created, and i have in my windows task manager a process "Digital Photo Professional 4 Batch-> DPPBatchSaveMainForm" that never finish...

no other warning window... just a few second the  DPP4 hourglass (a blue turning circle) and nothing more...

and that process: Digital Photo Professional 4 Batch-> DPPBatchSaveMainForm" that never end and use 0% of CPU time

does anybody know if there is somewhere, a error log file from DPP4 ?

@fredfred wrote:

has i say, wen i try to process a raw to jpg , (a other raw with a other name, and i change the name of the exit jpg),after validate,  the window with the progess bar never show, no jpg files is created, and i have in my windows task manager a process "Digital Photo Professional 4 Batch-> DPPBatchSaveMainForm" that never finish...

no other warning window... just a few second the  DPP4 hourglass (a blue turning circle) and nothing more...

and that process: Digital Photo Professional 4 Batch-> DPPBatchSaveMainForm" that never end and use 0% of CPU time

does anybody know if there is somewhere, a error log file from DPP4 ?

That still sounds like a dialog window is open, and waiting for you to respond to it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Try pressing ALT+TAB, which switches between active windows.  The dialog box just may simply be off the edge of your screen.

ok this is a screen shoot from the window that open when i 'm pressing Alt+Tab:

Capture_DPP4.JPG

there is effectively a "ghost" from the DPPBatchSaveMainForm window, but nothing show at the screen even if i select it by Alt+Tab.

looking at tre preview of this window, it look like it is empty...

Try downloading a new copy of the software and installing that new copy.  Something in your system seems corrupt.

Announcements