cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS High Sierra not compatible with EOS Utility 2.3.0? Help.

livingdaylights
Apprentice

Foolishly updated my MacBook Pro to MacOS High Sierra over the weekend and tried to download some photos off of my Canon 40D via the EOS Utility so I could update my blog, but it doesn't work.  Nothing happens.  Turned the camera off/on, unplugged the cable/replugged the cable, tried different USB ports, etc.  Nothing happened.  Is the EOS Utility not compatible with High Sierra?  If not, is there a work-around?  Will there be a fix?  Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

markobsb
Apprentice

Hi there. I`m having the same problem here. Just installed all the latest versions of EOS Utility, but doesnt recognize my T6i on MAC OS High Sierra. Anyone have any idea on how to fix that? Need to do live shooting 😕

rabbitwhiskers
Apprentice
I'm having the same problem on my IMac. I plug the camera in, push the playback mode and click the camera window icon in my dock and I get a "No camera found" message. It worked perfectly before I upgraded to High Sierra. Help!!!

Use your card reader.  Forget the cable; that is the problem.

markobsb
Apprentice
Unfortunaly, Canon doesnt seem to care about us 😞 i need to use my t6i for live transmission, but eos utility really doesnt work with high sierra. Its a chame

philmb
Contributor

Frustrating as you know what.  I have successfully downloaded my pictures by using the basic USB Scandisk card plug.  No cable, and the downloads work.   

vgoertz
Apprentice

I just bought a new rebel t6i. I have a  newer iMac at home with High Sierra. I assumed they would be compatable. If not through wifi then at least if cabled together. No such luck.  I downloaded the latest utility software as well. The computer does not evern recognise there is a camera plugged in. The software indicates nothing is connected.

It used to be so easy with my former sony camera. just plug it in and iphotos or photos recognized it immediately. Has anyone solved this yet? Does Canon even care about this?

The solution for my Canon Sx120 was to insert the camera's Scandisk card, via card reader, into my Macbook Pro.  The cable does not work.  Apparently Canon and Apple are not interested in solving this problem.  I have to assume the Canon folks read this blog, so for lack of any announcements, it's clear they couldn't care any less.  Very disappointing.

They wrote me back from an email I also sent.  They instructed me to make sure the WiFi lan setting is set to 'disable' on the camera. That worked for me.  They should really put this warning in their setup instructions.

I have a new problem. I can't set any other designation software link for the download other than the third party image editing program they packaged with the download.  I used to be able to easily steer them into the Mac Photos program with other cameras I have owned. That's the default Mac photos program. I assumed there would be an obvious way to do that. Silly me.

I don't know if this will solve your issue but I decided to disable auto sensor cleaning and it seems to work with no problems. I am not sure why though.

Hi Meenxo:

I have a simple Canon SX120.  When my updated High Sierra Macbook Pro would not input images with the cable, I used the card reader instead.  I put the sandisk card into the reader, plug that into the Mac, and I have images downloaded.  Canon does not have a solution, nor do they seem rto care.

Announcements