cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image sync

lynmar
Apprentice

I wanted to use image transfer utility to copy pictures to my PC.  Is there any way to keep the image transfer utililty running so that when i transfer pictures from the camera that they automatically transfer onto my PC?  Now I open the utility, the pictures transfer and then it closes automatically.  

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are using the EOS Utility, that feature is built into it.  Try clicking on stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It's just a point & shoot camera with wifi.  The image transfer utility seems to have very limited options.

Here is my situation:  We want to use these cameras in a repair shop environment.  The technichiancs take pics of the jobs they are working on.  Then I want the pics to upload to a network folder whenever they push the wifi button.  I don't want them to have to go to a computer every time and start the image transfer utlitiy to get them on the folder.  Any suggestions?

@lynmar wrote:

It's just a point & shoot camera with wifi.  The image transfer utility seems to have very limited options.

Here is my situation:  We want to use these cameras in a repair shop environment.  The technichiancs take pics of the jobs they are working on.  Then I want the pics to upload to a network folder whenever they push the wifi button.  I don't want them to have to go to a computer every time and start the image transfer utlitiy to get them on the folder.  Any suggestions?

You could begin by stating which camera, what software package and version, and how far away is the Wi-Fi access point?

I do not think that P&S camera software allows for remote shooting, which would require someone using a computer to control the cameras.  You say you want the pictures to automatically upload to a computer, to a network folder, which is a very different scenario from “remote shooting”.

Again, what camera are you using?  What is the operating system of the network?  Do you have an IT person that maintains your network?

I run MS Windows, and use MS SyncToy to copy local files to network folders.  It can be set to run on a schedule to periodically “synchronize” a local folder with a network folder, or to just copy new files to a network folder, actually two of them.  I initiate the process manually.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements