cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image browser "memory card utility" downloading to wrong date folder

HBmark
Apprentice

Mac OSX 10.7, Image Browser 6.9.0.3 (9L)

I own 5Dmarkii and 60D.  When I insert memory card, Memory Card Utility (1.7.0.0.9L) launches.  I select Download, and program transfers to my computer.  No fancy settings, just standard.

Both cameras date setting is correct, and image efix data is correct for date and time shot.  Computer system date and time correct.

Pictures taken prior to 5:00pm are filed in a folder with previous days date.  Photos after 5:00pm are filed in correct days folder.

Driving me nuts..... Help please

15 REPLIES 15

hsbn
Whiz

Check your time zone/location setting also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Sounds like  military time format on camera maybe?

gochugogi
Contributor

Same problem here. I have correct time and zones set on my Mac (OS 10.8.4) and 5D MKII. The only solution I've found is to manually drag and drop images in the correct folders. No biggie for a single session shoot but a PITA returning from a trip with several weeks of images to upload.

It has to be time zone or the camera clock is off , make sure 8pm is 20:00 for example.

It's currently 5:32PM here in Honolulu and my 5d MKII menu clock shows 17:32 and is synced with my Mac, so the time is correct. What's strange is the time in the EXIF data is correct. The image is merely placed in the wrong folder by Zoom Browser. 

Thanks All

With others joining in, I appreciate all your input.  I can assure you, computer time and time zone are correct.  Both cameras time is correct.  Efix data is correct.  "Memory Card Utility" just consistantly places images in wrong folder and who knows why 5pm is the cut off.

I look forward to hearing from more of you and I hope we can find a solution.... other than draging filed images to the correct folder.  I think it's the mac software utility, and not settings.

I'm having the same issue.  The Canon software behaves as though it catagorizes the photos (and names them, based on the way I'm importing them) based upon what day it was/is in England (I  think it uses GMT when making the date classification)

For me, it is also usually an annoyance, but sometimes it's more frustrating.  If I want my files named by date, correctly, then I have to re-name all the photos taken after 4:00 pm (16:00).

Yes, my camera (7D) and computer (MacBook Pro) have their date and time settings correct.  (I tried changing the time zone my camera was set to to see if it changed the problem, and it didn't.  The Canon software is mis-placing the photos based on the date.)

I might try this workflow on a Windows machine, and see if it persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

PGAero,

Ensure that you have all of the software updated to their current versions.  You can do so on our web site below.  This may affect certain conditions upon downloading. 

Canon downloads can be downloaded on our web site here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tim,

Sorry to not get back to you right away.  I updated evry bit of software available through Canon (and Apple) and I'm still getting the same issue.  Any picture taken after midnight GMT gets categorized in the wrong day (PST), just as before.

Any other thoughts?

~Peter

Announcements