Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: how to disable the auto launch in canon EOS utility on my mac?

freaking stupid! that was rignt infront of my face! Thanks now i can sleep agian.

Cheers

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, on a Mac, the EOS utility version 2 & 3 will force themselves to be listed once again on the user's auto login/startup list anytime you use the utility.  So go ahead, tell it not to autostart when a camera is connected.  Remove the stupid utility from your list of auto login items, EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU USE it.  

What a feature !!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On my Mac the "do not launch" check mark is sticky, so connecting a camera won't launch EOSU, even though EOSU is in the top bar (not sure what its called).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

SImilar problem on windows.  It always starts up, but can be set to not open the up a window on camera connect.  Rather annoying to have it open at all.  For Windows (assuming you removed it from autostart), when you start it up manually it adds itself to the users STARTUP folder.