cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital photo professional

TotoEC
Contributor

Maybe this is a dumb question but somebody point me to the correct way..

I am using Digital Photo Professional 4.1.5 under Windows O/S.  I took a bunch of pictures and saved the RAW files separately from the JPeg.  How do you navigate from one directory to another or for that matter from one directory to its sub-directory using the DPP 4.1.5?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

A tiny triangle, about halfway up on the left-hand edge of the window, opens the navigation pane. Why does it have to be so inconspicuous? Who knows? DPP V4, especially its GUI, is most definitely a work in progress.

BTW, there's an option that claims to make the program open on the same folder on which you last closed it. You probably needn't bother to try it; it has never worked for me. (It does work in DPP V3, which is somewhat less buggy and a lot more intuitive than V4. But V4 has some useful features that V3 lacks.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

Bob,

Thank you very much!  My eyes are trained to look at the windows' top and bottom sides and never suspected that the 'navigation option' lurks on its left side.  I totally missed that [blasted] triangle! 

This latest software update forces the program to open on the same folder on which you last closed it - via the "Preference" option under the Tool menu. 

Thanks again for your help!

Toto

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

"...genuine Intel hardware, and NVidia graphics cards."

I think that is what my machine has.  It has 16MB of RAM and a third 2TB HD just for LR and PS to use exclusively..

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...genuine Intel hardware, and NVidia graphics cards."

I think that is what my machine has.  It has 16MB of RAM and a third 2TB HD just for LR and PS to use exclusively..

I'm running with a 500GB SSD, a 1 TB conventional hard drive, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 w 6GB RAM.  I use the local SSD for storing applications.  I use the local HD for downloading from camera, but store the images on a Western Digital NAS, running RAID 1, for editing.  Back it all up so that even BfromB would approve.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If you are running all your normal apps including LR and PS on a 500GB drive, you are probably starving PS and perhaps even LR.  PS and LR use so many swap files they like a lot of room that they don't have to compete for.

I stopped doing backups.  Last time I checked several months ago, there was over 200,000 photos in backups.  Nobody is ever going to want or even look through them.  So bye, bye.  Running four 2TB external drives and three 2TB internal drives is too much when nobody including myself don't care.  I tell what very few clients I have now, I will keep you job for six months then I'm done.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements