cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomBrowser EX 6.5->6.9 update fails

rencom1
Apprentice

Update from ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 to  6.9 fails, apparently unable to uninstall the earlier version, which also I  am unable to uninstall via Programs and Features in Win7 or with Canon's ZoomBrowser EX uninstall utility..

Any help is appreciated,

Gary

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi rencom1,

Thank you for posting.  It is very likely that some invalid entries were left behind in the Windows registry that are preventing the update from installing or the older version from being completely removed.  At this point, I recommend that you contact Microsoft directly for help with removing the invalid entries.  The Windows registry is a very sensitive area of the Windows operating system, so it is best to get help directly from Microsoft if you need to make any changes to the registry.  When you are able to completely remove ZoomBrowser EX, please let us know if you need any additional help.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It would be helpful to know from Canon which Registry entries need to be edited.

That is usually information supplied by the errant software manufacturer, not Microsoft. Surely, Canon created the installation software that appears to have gone awry as well as the Uninstall software that has failed to clean up the registry. When this sort of uninstall problem has arisen in the past, with Symantec for instance, that has been the case.

Can you please direct me to the necessary info that I might rid the Registry of the recalcitrant entries? If not, can you tell me how I would go about getting that info from Microsoft w/o having to pay for a tech-support call?

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Announcements