cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which software do I download my camera's memory card to: Zoom Browser EX, EOS Utility, or DPP?

silverfusion
Apprentice

I am new to digital photography...and I am confused about:

Which software do I download my camera's memory card to: Zoom Browser EX, EOS Utility, or DPP?

All three came with my EOS T2i. I understand that Digital Photo Professional is for RAW images as well as Jpeg...and I have taken both. I specifically do not understand which of these programs I initially download to. I intend to manipulate and edit the photos, upload to a website, and also share them via email. I certainly would appreciate any information and help anyone would be willing to give me. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

I don't use any of them as my organizer but that's what Zoombrowser is so unless you have something else that you've used before (for photos from a Point  & shoot maybe) download them to Zoombrowser.

EOS Utility is for talking to your camera to make setting changes or for tethered shooting as well as downloading to your computer.

DPP is for rpocessing RAW files & saving your work in jpg files. It doesn't convert the RAW (CR2) file but instead creates a new file using the work you've done. You can re edit the CR2 over & over creating as many jpg's as you want with many different variables to suit your preferances. To the best of my knowledge it doesn't process jpg's.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you very much for your help cicopo. I am most appreciative.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements