Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: Using DPP as an External Editor in Mac Photos

RobertTheFat wrote:

Waddizzle wrote:

snoitanb wrote:

While DPP has a few nice features, for the most part it's a dud, especially on a MAC.  It's buggy and dreadfully slow.    It looks like this might be Windows code ported to the Mac OS, rather than software written for the MAC.  I'm in the process of looking for another editor, as I really don't want to become a slave to Adobe's subscription approach to selling their software.

You can still purchase a stand alone, lifetime license for Lightroom 6 for little more than the cost of a year subscription..  Highly recommended.

Don't you run the risk that the next camera you buy will have a RAW format that's not supported by Lightroom 6?

Yes.  But it should not be a problem for the foreseeable future, because you can always run ACR and work with DNG files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Using DPP as an External Editor in Mac Photos

Great point.  Does anybody know if LR6 supports raw files from a 5D Mark 4 yet?  Several posts on the Adobe site as of last fall said it those files weren't supported.