cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EOS utility Autoupdate services and SSL certificate

Heph51
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an EOS750D and normally you can send pictures through the WIFI but you need to register for some services and you do that with the Web services registration tool.

There is an auto update service that needs to run but mine is crashing as it is not starting directly the software. Then it cannot update the SSL certificate.

Does it sound familiar to anyone and what should I do to make it work again ?

Thanks in advance for your help ?

Heph51SSL certificate.jpgAuto update service.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

At first glance it sounds like a permission problem. Can you run the update program manually (e.g., from a user running as an administrator) instead of letting it try to start automatically? It's the update program that's crashing, right?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Heph51
Apprentice
Thank you for your answer.
Yes it is indeed.

It's my own laptop and I'm always logging in as administrator.
I went into the program files folder and try to start it manually and it failed just the same.
I've also tried to re-install the program and that didn't work.
I'm opened to any suggestions. 😊

@Heph51wrote:
Thank you for your answer.
Yes it is indeed.

It's my own laptop and I'm always logging in as administrator.
I went into the program files folder and try to start it manually and it failed just the same.
I've also tried to re-install the program and that didn't work.
I'm opened to any suggestions. 😊

Sounds like a potential issue with the laptop.  You should contact Canon Support, 1-800-OK-CANON.  They will want to know the details about your laptop, for sure.

Can you connect to the camera using the EOS Utility?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Heph51
Apprentice
Yes I can connect my camera with the eos utility software.

Thanks.

EOS Utility likes to start automatically when the computer comes up. I guess it's grasping at straws (because it implies a bug that Canon should certainly have caught in testing), but I'd make sure that the autostart is disabled, just in case that's what's getting in the way of the auto-update.

Or, alternatively, maybe the auto-update needs the autostart in order to run correctly. So if it isn't on, turn it on and see if that helps.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I've contacted Canon and they are suggesting that my computer has a virus that prevents the correct launch of the update service. (Thanks Canon !)

I will desinstall any other canon software that might be conflicting with the EOS softwares and see what happens.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Heph51

denisbill
Apprentice

Still, I am having this error. I tried all the things as written above but did not get success. If is there any other solution then kindly explain. [link removed]

remove the SD card and follow canon's procedures.  make sure you are connected to the net as this will automatically update your SSL

vicfernando
Apprentice

try removing your SD card while the camera syncs with your computer.  you have to be connected to the net as his will update your ssl. this worked for me today.

Announcements