Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Editing Software?

dudeinwashingto
Enthusiast

Hello Canoniites!

Good Morning

I am just getting into serious photography and have a CANON 80d.

My photos and pictures are getting out of hand

I would love to organize and better edit pics

Adobe Photoshop 15 - around $ 70.00 on amazon is said to be the bestseller. 

Since i would be travelling and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook and Flixer all in one Go...

i was thinking of getting a photoeditor that is intuitive and easy to use.

any suggestions?

thanks much

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Mac or PC?

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@dudeinwashingto wrote:

Hello Canoniites!

Good Morning

I am just getting into serious photography and have a CANON 80d.

My photos and pictures are getting out of hand

I would love to organize and better edit pics

Adobe Photoshop 15 - around $ 70.00 on amazon is said to be the bestseller. 

Since i would be travelling and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook and Flixer all in one Go...

i was thinking of getting a photoeditor that is intuitive and easy to use.

any suggestions?

thanks much

Adobe Lightroom is the program you want to ORGANIZE and better edit your pictures.

dudeinwashingto
Enthusiast

this is for MACBOOK 2016 

Have you tried Photos?

(I should elaborate. Photos is Apple's entry level photo organizer/editor that replaced iPhoto.)

jbpdxor
Contributor
Have you tried Canons Digital Professional Pro? It is free from Canon USA. I think I like the DDP a little better now that I am taking photos with my new 80D. It seems faster for me.
Elements 15 has more features, so I would suggest that you obtain a free trial. Plus goto Youtube for video sampling.
I am using the DDP & I also have PSE15( photoshop elements 15}

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Adobe "Lightroom" is the most popular product which handles both "digital asset management" (keeping everything organized) as well as performing the most common types of adjustments.

I think you can still "buy" Lightroom... but lately Adobe is on a strong push to get everyone to do the annual subscription.  It's $10/month to subscribe to the photography bundle, which mostly includes Lightroom and Photoshop (and a few other minor tools) ... but they require minimum 1 year subsriptions (so $10/month is really $120/year).

I did everything in Apple's "Aperture" (that was the pro photography app from Apple) but a few years back they discontinued development and no longer sell it (a shame because I really liked it.)  I have since converted over to Lightroom.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

Adobe "Lightroom" is the most popular product which handles both "digital asset management" (keeping everything organized) as well as performing the most common types of adjustments.

I think you can still "buy" Lightroom... but lately Adobe is on a strong push to get everyone to do the annual subscription.  It's $10/month to subscribe to the photography bundle, which mostly includes Lightroom and Photoshop (and a few other minor tools) ... but they require minimum 1 year subsriptions (so $10/month is really $120/year).

I did everything in Apple's "Aperture" (that was the pro photography app from Apple) but a few years back they discontinued development and no longer sell it (a shame because I really liked it.)  I have since converted over to Lightroom.

An advantage of the Adobe subscription is it allows you to sync Lightroom on your computer with Lightroom Mobile on your tablet/cellphone. Since you mentioned wanting to post from cellphone apps, this might be a particularly useful feature to you. 

dudeinwashingto
Enthusiast

thank you all!

You can't really go wrong with the Adobe Creative Suite. Personally I'm using a combination of Lightroom and Capture One for file management, tethered shooting, and cataloguing. I rely heavily on Photoshop for the rest of my retouching and editing work.

Professional Product Photographer - Powered by Canon
The Blake Image Photography
Announcements