cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owner's Manual on Computer

lomado
Apprentice

Yesterday I downloaded the Owner's Manual for my PowerShot  A1400 camera.  Today it is gone.

What do I have to do to keep the Manual on the hard drive of my computer ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called Canon Support and the problem was fixed in two minutes !

I am not tech savvy.  Instead of searching in the box above the Start Button, I searched in Google.  When I found it, I right clicked  a blank spot on the Desktop and pasted it.  I didn't know how to do that.

Thank you for your help  --  much appreciated !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Lomado!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

My Operating System is Windows Vista.

I have downloaded many different Canon Owner's Manuals and have never had one "dissappear". Is it possible that you may have accidently deleted it?, or just can not locate it on your computer? 

Try doing a search for "ps-a1400-a2600-cu-en.pdf " as that is how Canon names the file. 

If that doesn't work you can just try downloading it again.  Here is a  direct link: PowerShot A1400 Manual

Mike Sowsun

I called Canon Support and the problem was fixed in two minutes !

I am not tech savvy.  Instead of searching in the box above the Start Button, I searched in Google.  When I found it, I right clicked  a blank spot on the Desktop and pasted it.  I didn't know how to do that.

Thank you for your help  --  much appreciated !

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
As Mike suggests... I'm wondering if it got filed away in a folder and you're unable to find it. There is nothing about the PDF format that would cause it to self-delete.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements