cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X 10.8 can't install Solutions Software

stuartworley
Apprentice

I can't get the Solutions CD to install/update the Canon software on my Macbook Pro. 

Running 10.8.3

I have DPP 3.11 installed. 

Also tried downloading updaters from Canon web, but these don't work either. 

Turned off 10.8 Gatekeeper security. Still no joy. 

What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stuartworley
Apprentice

Well, I solved it myself. I saw a similar post somewhere about logging in as a different user and installing from that account. Amazingly, that worked. 

I installed a couple of the apps from the CD from my wife's account and everything went well. I went back to my account to install the rest of the CD and still no dice!

So, back to my wife's account to complete the install. I haven't tried installing any updates from the Canon support site. 

So, Canon Support, I hope this give you some hint of what is going on with your installer. I can't believe that I am the only person who has had this issue. 

Stuart

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

You might be trying to be too complicated. sign in as normal, Sys Prefs > Users & Groups > Click the Plus sign > create a new user. Back to your normal user > Log out > Log in as the new user > install software. Delete the user profile when it's installed and you've signed back in as yourself and checked it works.

Will give it a go...thanks.

Nope, still no joy....

Sorry - works for everyone else! Creating a new user is a known work around for some software installs not just Canon's DPP. Try running ONYX (Google it) first then try an install with a new user again.

Ok fox; will give it a go. Thanks again.

Still no luck. Went through all the steps as advised and it simply will not play. Funny, I was able to install OnyX with no probs at. Completely at a loss.

Sorry, I'm all out of suggestions then.

Efforts appreciated Fax. Waiting for Canon body for pick up on this, and will also try on the Apple forum.

Anyone at Canon reading this?

Seems not, I am stuck as well 10.8.4 and solutions 28.1 both latest, still incompatible
Announcements