cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom CC and New IMac

Edward1064
Enthusiast

For several years I have been using Apple Aperture on a Macbook Pro for editing photos.  I am now plannng to get a new 27-inch iMac and use Lightroom CC for my photo editing.  Can anyone offer experience on how well Lightroom runs on these Apple iMac computers?  

Many thanks,

Edward1064

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It should work fine. We have a 2012 iMac with Sierra and have no problems. Get 8GB or more memory and SSD. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It should work fine. We have a 2012 iMac with Sierra and have no problems. Get 8GB or more memory and SSD. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, John, for your help.

Ed

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

BTW, Adobe has an Aperture importer that will pull in all your Aperture library images... but what I found is that it's really pulling in the original RAW files but not the adjustments.  

I still have Aperture on my Mac (so that I don't have to readjust all those images) and do everything new in Lightroom.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you, Tim, I will do something similar.  

Ed

All,

To add an udate to this thread, I now have a new iMac (27”, 500 GB SSD, slowest processor), and Lightroom CC.  It works really well, and seems quite fast.  So far I am really liking Lightroom CC.  The transition from Aperture hasn’t been difficult.  One thing I particularly like in all of the training resources available for LR.

Ed

Announcements