cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens aberration data

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My T6S does not have Lens Aberration data for my EF-S 60mm macro or my EF 70-300mm original zoom.

The EOS Utility manual states that the camera should have data on any lenses available when the camera is released.

Can someone look and see if there is any data available for these lenses for me to upload to the camera? I don't want to install EOS Utility for no reason.

7 REPLIES 7

@kvbarkley wrote:

My T6S does not have Lens Aberration data for my EF-S 60mm macro or my EF 70-300mm original zoom.

The EOS Utility manual states that the camera should have data on any lenses available when the camera is released.

Can someone look and see if there is any data available for these lenses for me to upload to the camera? I don't want to install EOS Utility for no reason.

It does appear that there are corrections for those lenses. I opened DPP4 and asked it to check for lens data. I don't have the 70-300, so didn't have it checked, but it did download recent updates for the 24-105 f/4L, the 17-55 f/2.8, and the 60mm f/2.8 macro.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks, I will go ahead and install EOS Utility, then. 8^)

@kvbarkley wrote:

How did you make out?

I think there is a separate application, the "EOS Lens Registration Tool", which gets called by DPP, that gets installed that downloads lens data.  I think you need to install DPP to get it, not the EOS Utility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

How did you make out?

I think there is a separate application, the "EOS Lens Registration Tool", which gets called by DPP, that gets installed that downloads lens data.  I think you need to install DPP to get it, not the EOS Utility.

I believe it's the other way around. The Lens Registration Tool is installed by default if you run the latest version of the EOSU 3 installer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

From the T6S manual:

lensdata.jpg

ETA: I *do* read the manual!

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

How did you make out?

I believe it's the other way around. The Lens Registration Tool is installed by default if you run the latest version of the EOSU 3 installer.

I was thinking of something else, then.  I was thinking of the tool that connects to Canon's server, and downloads lens correction data for DPP.  I try to avoid letting the camera apply lens correction.  The less work the camera does, then the faster it can run continuous shots.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I agree. I actually forgot that I had it on until the red focus squares showed up in EF-S 60 images. Whether I use it or not, I would like it in the camera. I doubt that the EF-S 60 needs much correction, anyway. 8^)

AFAIK, chromatic aberation and vignetting take very little processing horsepower. Lens distortion can slow it down.

Announcements