cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Canon Connect 2.1.30 app upgrade no longer finds my G7X

Magneticimpulse
Apprentice

I have my G7X since Feb 2015. Up until the middle of September version 2.1.20 of Canon camera connect had no issues and I could easily connect my camera to my Apple iPad mini 2. However since the new upgrade to camera connect 2.1.30 version, I can no longer connect. There is now some silly Easy connection Canon guide which doesn’t seem to let me connect my camera. I’ve read the guide numerous times and it leads to no where. Previously I would click iPad on my G7X and start the app on my iPad and the two connected. Now the app doesn’t do anything and insists I open the guide which does nothing. The guide just gets stuck on a page and there is no option to click next and the camera ends up not connected. So frustrating and completely unnecessary complicated addition to the app. I’m devastated as I’ve not been able to upload photos to my social media for the past 4 weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Magneticimpulse
Apprentice

I deleted the WiFi information stored previously on my camera and reconnected it t the app and this worked. Although it was not very clear that after using the app for 2 years that it was necessary with this upgrade to delete the previous WiFi information stored on the camera.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Magneticimpulse
Apprentice

I deleted the WiFi information stored previously on my camera and reconnected it t the app and this worked. Although it was not very clear that after using the app for 2 years that it was necessary with this upgrade to delete the previous WiFi information stored on the camera.

Announcements