cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the DPP that came with my Rebel T3 compatible with a 5D mark ii ?

jenette
Contributor

Hello I just bought a 5D Mark ii, can I use the DPP software that came with my Rebel T3 with this camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amfoto1
Authority

"...you can always download the newest version (an an upgrade) and be ready to start working..."

This is correct. It should work.

The 5DII is an older model than the T3, so s'ware that works with T3 should be fine with 5DII as well.

However, if you have any trouble, simply update to the latest version of DPP and that certainly will work with 5DII.

In fact, it's not a bad idea to keep up to date with the latest version of DPP anyway. It is regularly tweaked and improved, not just updated for the latest camera releases.

Later versions of DPP won't work with some relatively old DSLR models: 10D, D60, D30 for example... that generated a .CRW file instead of today's .CR2. The latest versions of DPP no longer support the older cameras and their file format. (Just get a copy of Adobe Elements... that will work fine.)

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Yes - DPP handles a fairly broad range of EOS models.  Canon doesn't specifically have a different version of each unique model.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you so much!

No quite true. It really depends on what version is already installed on your computer because DPP gets updated with each new body's introduction. It's possible to have an older version installed that doesn't recognize a new (to you) camera BUT you can always download the newest version (an an upgrade) and be ready to start working with the newer version of CR2's.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

amfoto1
Authority

"...you can always download the newest version (an an upgrade) and be ready to start working..."

This is correct. It should work.

The 5DII is an older model than the T3, so s'ware that works with T3 should be fine with 5DII as well.

However, if you have any trouble, simply update to the latest version of DPP and that certainly will work with 5DII.

In fact, it's not a bad idea to keep up to date with the latest version of DPP anyway. It is regularly tweaked and improved, not just updated for the latest camera releases.

Later versions of DPP won't work with some relatively old DSLR models: 10D, D60, D30 for example... that generated a .CRW file instead of today's .CR2. The latest versions of DPP no longer support the older cameras and their file format. (Just get a copy of Adobe Elements... that will work fine.)

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Thank you, I just posted a question about updating the software,, I still have several raw images that I have not processed, will updating cause me to lose them?

Jenette, 

We would like you to let you know that updating Digital Photo Professional will not cause you to lose any images.  They are stored within your computer, not within DPP itself. 

We hope you have a great day and thank you for choosing Canon!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements