cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageBrowser does not show up on the Windows8 AutoPlay menu

pbkessler
Contributor

I use ImageBrowser EX (currently at level 1.4.0.5) on my Windows8 computer.  After some initial setup issues (SilverLight etc.) last May it has been running satifactorily - except that it does not appear on the Windows AutoPlay menu for camera memory cards. 

I have attempted to correct it by going to the Windows Control Panel - AutoPlay - Memory Cards to select it, but it does not appear here either - so I cannot make it my choice.

Any suggestions on how I can correct this as it's much easier to download my images if ImageBrowser shows up automattically whenever I insert a memry card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, the level of ImageBrowser EX that I've been using since January (1.4.0.5) is the latest level per Canon Support.

But I decided to uninstall/reinstall it anyway.

Following the uninstall/reinstall  I wound up with the same level - 1.4.0.5 -  but the AutoPlay problem has been corrected.

So, I presume there was a problem in the original ImageBrowser EX (1.2.1.13) I installed way back in May 2013; that has carried over through 3 program updates to the 1.4.0.5 version I was using until today. 

So a full/new install is sometimes very worthwhile!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I use ImageBrowser EX (currently at level 1.4.0.5) on my Windows8 computer"

Is that the most current version ?  If it is not d/l the latest version from Canon Support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, the level of ImageBrowser EX that I've been using since January (1.4.0.5) is the latest level per Canon Support.

But I decided to uninstall/reinstall it anyway.

Following the uninstall/reinstall  I wound up with the same level - 1.4.0.5 -  but the AutoPlay problem has been corrected.

So, I presume there was a problem in the original ImageBrowser EX (1.2.1.13) I installed way back in May 2013; that has carried over through 3 program updates to the 1.4.0.5 version I was using until today. 

So a full/new install is sometimes very worthwhile!

Announcements