cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Browser EX does not found driver for IXUS 220 HS W8.1

Warrer3
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I just got my new computer with Windows 8.1 x64.

As I wanted to upload my pictures that are on my Ixus 220 HS, I downloaded the latest version (1.4.0 from Nov 2013) of the ImageBrowser EX software on the support page of the Canon website.

Unfortunately, even after the software installed successfully, I wasn't able to transfer my picture or even access the camera from Windows Explorer or from the ImageBrowser EX software.

When I go to Device Manager of Windows, it appears with an exclamation point saying the drivers for this devices are not installed. I can uninstall them and then plug back again my phone on a different USB port, the problem remains.  If I try to look for a updated version of the driver through Windows, it does not find anything.

However I can still get my picture by removing the SD card from my Ixus and plug it directly to my computer but that doesn't really solve the problem as I cannot get all the features I wanted from ImageBrowser EX.

Could you please advise ? Is there a compatibility issue between the 1.4.0 version and the drivers embedded for the Ixus 220 HS on Windows 8.1 64bits?

Thanks a lot for your help !

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements