cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer full size images using Camera Connect? I always makes them smaller

windycityart
Contributor

I'm connecting my t6s to my smartphone using Camera Connect.  I can view the images on the camera just fine but when I download them to the phone they are resized to 1920X1280.  I'd like to be able to transfer the full size image but can't find any setting to do that.  The camera itself gives me option for full or resized when sending to web service like Canon Gateway but no such setting is apparent for smartphone connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi windycityart!

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app does not have the ability to transfer RAW or full sized images.  Images that are transferred are resized.  To upload full size images, this will need to be done using the EOS Utility software on a computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

I figured out how it works. App always resize to 1920px when you have only RAW file on your camera (even with option do not resize). When you have RAW + JPG or only JPG everything is ok - app transfer file with original size 🙂

Hello everyone.. new here.

just bought a Canon 1300d yesterday - great but I'm having the same issues as above.

Having read through the thread I can't see anything that helps me? Low quality download to my iPad... there's no option (that I can find) to not resize.

I haven't got a desk top at home - surely there must be a way to get a decent quality image on the iPad?

many thanks

Guy

@dexter77 wrote:
When you have RAW + JPG or only JPG everything is ok - app transfer file with original size 🙂

👍 Well done, that was the only fix I could find. This is annoying though. If I want slightly larger JPGs I have to plan in advance and shoot raw plus s2 jpg or manually convert RAWs in the camera (slow).

Canon if you can hear this can you please fix? Either have a file size setting that applies to jpgs and raws or have a raw conversion file size setting. To be honest it seems like a bug that if do not resize is set we go from a full sized RAW to a 1280x1920 jpg. 

I dont Think this is solved!!

So canon guys - instead of being mobile and be able to do the job with my Canon EOS 5d Mark IV and my iPad Pro with Affinity Photo, you guys think that it’s better that I buys a laptop and a card reader to do my job or should you consider to make the small changes in the camera connect app, so it would be able to transfer raw files?

This issue is not solved. I use my iPad Pro to edit full RAW files using Affinity Photo. Until there is a way to import the full RAW files onto my iPad, the CameraConnect app is useless.

Has anyone here experiencing this behavior ever considered that the aspect ratio of the destination device might influence why a full size image cannot be transferred in some situations?  A mobile device also uses compression.  The native resolution on a mobile device is also no where near the max image resolution of a photo, so transferrintg a full size image to a mobile device doesn't really serve any purpose.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am able to transfer the full resolution RAW files to my iPad/iPhone using an SD card adapter without an issue. This should not be a limitation.

When I go from canon 5D Mark 4 to my Iphone 7 it cuts the file size from 30MB all the way to 0.4-0.6MB. I checked my 3 dots and the full size is chosen. This is REALLY annoying since you can't even load pictures to instagram on a computer. so I have to upload crap quality photos to instagram that are like 0.6MB. 

I know this is an old post but I just came across this problem today.  Using CC linked to my iPad I downloaded various photos only to find out to my chagrin that despite asking for original size (RAW) what was stored was a small KPG without any EXIF data. I can accept JPG but not a small 3MP version.  Did you find a way around thisusing CC?  Thx! 

I did find a solution, not the Best One, but it Works for me.

I use the Canon DPP 4 to create a jpg and the jpg is transfered i full resolution.

I do very litle in DDP 4, but things that DDP 4 does very fine. 

It works for me, but ofcause i need Booth my iPad Pro and my MacBook to create a picture. 

I was pleased to learn that Canon had made a version of DPP for iPad, but NOT so pleased to lern that it only supports the raw files from the new no mirror camera.. 😲😡

Announcements