cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer full size images using Camera Connect? I always makes them smaller

windycityart
Contributor

I'm connecting my t6s to my smartphone using Camera Connect.  I can view the images on the camera just fine but when I download them to the phone they are resized to 1920X1280.  I'd like to be able to transfer the full size image but can't find any setting to do that.  The camera itself gives me option for full or resized when sending to web service like Canon Gateway but no such setting is apparent for smartphone connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi windycityart!

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app does not have the ability to transfer RAW or full sized images.  Images that are transferred are resized.  To upload full size images, this will need to be done using the EOS Utility software on a computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

Mykolas
Authority

Hi windycityart!

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app does not have the ability to transfer RAW or full sized images.  Images that are transferred are resized.  To upload full size images, this will need to be done using the EOS Utility software on a computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have read elsewhere that you can choose to transmit full jpeg files; but I cannot find any setting option, either on my camera or on my iphone. Anybody know a way? I'm getting 3Mb photo cropped to 600Kb; that's no good.

I discovered that  if you touch the three bars at the top right while you're viewing the image on your phone you can choose settings and you'll see one called Resize.  You can choose Resize, Don't resize, or Select when saving.  I think it is new.

On my camera, I find that on the screen showing all the thumbnails, from which I can choose which one(s) to send to my phone, those three bars are in the upper right corner, and sure enough, I can choose the option to not resize. Thank you!

Ok, there is option to not resize, but on my iPhone the image size is only 1920x1080 which is not full size of the image. Any suggestion?

@dexter77 wrote:

Ok, there is option to not resize, but on my iPhone the image size is only 1920x1080 which is not full size of the image. Any suggestion?

The reply by the Moderator Mykolas , just above, may contain your answer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The answer is from 2015, I think that app has changed since that time, because there are additional options.

I don't understand how it works - there's no difference if you choose resize or don't resize, image size is the same.

@dexter77 wrote:

Maybe, that actually is the size of the image stored in the files.  Hmm?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just tried it on my new Android phone and it transferred the full size image at 6000 X 4000. If I choose resize it comes over at 1920X1280.

Announcements