cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good replacment for EOS Utility?

GreenTea13
Contributor

Since Canon has really terrible policies about the EOS Utility I need some sort of program that will automatically transfer and organize my photos the way EOS Utility does. (I’m using a EOS Rebel T1i) Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably FREE recommendations?

On a side note, I don't see why they can't just make the program available for download. (they only have an updater which requires that you have the program installed already.) When I asked they said some bullsh** about international trading laws, which I don't believe for a second.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The S/N should be available in the metadata for your image. 

Do you have DPP? Go to View->Info and scroll all the way down to the bottom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

GreenTea13 wrote:

I downloaded (For Vista x64)

• EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.0A for Windows (For users who cannot use the bundled CD)

It installed just fine but won't launch for some reason.

Then I tried to update it with this (from Windows 10 x64)

• EOS Utility 2.14.20a Updater for Windows

Still won't launch.

The Solution Disk is probably out of date. But that doesn't matter; it's only a starting point. Once you've got the software installed, install the latest version of each program (DPP, EOSU, etc.) over the one from the Solution Disk.

Be sure to start by installing Version 3 of EOS Utility. It will install both Version 2 and Version 3, along with a control program that selects the correct one to run, depending on what camera it sees.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Well, I have no idea why but when I tried to reinstall the Updater again the program suddenly works with no problems. (I think Avast was messing up the download, but I'm not sure)

umm, so problem solved

GreenTea13
Contributor

OK, after trying to figure out WHY EOS Utility was only running when it felt like I tried to turn AVAST off while running it and it works.

SO aparently AVAST (Avast is an Antivirus for anyone wondering) was casuing the problems. When ever I disable Avast EOS Utility launches without any problems, but when I still have Avast on it wont launch at all. I click it, it thinks for a second and then nothing. So yeah, if anyone else is having a similair problem try disabling your antivirus and see if that help.

Announcements