cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility problem

alexpado
Apprentice

Hi to all,

I have a problem with the Eos Utility Software.

I have the OS Windows 8, and I installed the last version of EOS Uility 2.12 compatibility with the new OS.

When I connect my EOS 5D MKIII or the 7D the EOS Utility not recognized the camera.

The drivers are installed , all the others programs works fine with the cameras.

Someone have a suggestion ? Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was having the same issue with EOS Utility not seeing my D60.
In Device Manager, do you see any other devices other than your camera under "Portable Devices"? Under mine, I have listed 4 removable media drives "SD, CF, etc.) that corresponded to my All-in-one Internal USB2.0 connector Card Reader. Each slot is shown as a drive letter. I disabled all four drives by right clicking each one and choosing "Disable" Once that was complete I plugged the camera back in and started the Eos Utility. Camera was now fully recognized. I can still use the media slots even with each drive being disabled.
Good Luck
Rich

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

I had a similar problem. I uninstalled the eu2130en.exe and reinstalled eu2114en.exe (This was the last version which worked for me) - AND...lo! and behold! my system started working again - so the problem is clearly with later versions of the software and nothing to do with 'disabling' drives etc.

I do agree with SimonB2013 however that this shouldn't be such a long standing problem with a company such as Canon - come'on Canon - lift your bloody game.

Camera - 400D (2006)

OS - Windows 8

EOS Utility Ver - eu2114en.exe

Hi all!,

I notice that many of these cameras are either an EOS 30D or an EOS Rebel XTi.  To be clear on this, there are no known issues with the later versions of EOS Utility and Windows 8.  Due to their age, these models are not supported in Windows 8 and are not supported by the newer versions of EOS Utility.  This is why EOS Utility is not listed for these models and Windows 8.  The version required to work with Windows 8 does not support them.

However, I did notice that Bob422 had an EOS 5D Mark II and Windows 7 x64.  What happens when you try to connect to the camera with EOS Utility?  Do you receive any sort of error?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike,

No error message. The Utility window opens with only the Monitor Folder lit, the others are dim. When I opened it previously, I would have to power hte camera off and on for the Utility to light all four options and for the downloads to start. Now I cannot get it to light up, only the Monitor Folder is accessible.

Still having the EOS Utility issue here with Windows 8 x64 and an EOS 400D camera.

Bart_NL, try an earlier version of EOS utility and I think it will help. It has worked for me.

Mike, when a newer version of a software does not work with hardware, since when did it become the 'aged' hardware's problem?!!

The fact is that the software is not backward compatible - a basic rule when people release new versions of software is to make sure that it is backward compatible with recent peices of hardware. So, IT IS the problem with newer versions of the software that they are not compatible with older versions of the hardware.

Got mine working !!!

I've a 400D, on W8 32bit.

I'd tried the latest version of Canon Utility before with no luck.

This time:

> Uninstal C Utility

> Reboot

> Install new vsn of Utility (v 2.9.0.0)

> Reboot

> Success

Strangely, I'd tried this before, but out of desperation I tried again - who knows ?

So in my case, it's not an issue of compatability per se, just Canon's inability to provide decent self-updating functionality.

Or decent instructions, or guidance.

Maybe there should be an 'expiry date' on cameras when they are sold, so we will know how long we will be able to use them for before we (the valued customers)  are 'dumped'.

Cool, but do you know where to get "Install new vsn of Utility (v 2.9.0.0)"??

The Canon website isn't the most logical one.

Bart_NL ...

Well I'm based in the UK, so here was my path the download:

>http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/
>Select your product
>EOS Cameras
>EOS 400D
>Downloads
>Software
> !! ***  Windows 8 (English) >> It'sNot In  Here ** !!
>Windows 7 (English) >>  EOS Utility Updater for Windows (2.9.0)

.. so even if I'm on W8, it's the W7 download I used.

I guess Canon assume you know this is the right thing to do, or just desperate enough to search and try anything.

False statement

"I notice that many of these cameras are either an EOS 30D or an EOS Rebel XTi.  To be clear on this, there are no known issues with the later versions of EOS Utility and Windows 8.  Due to their age, these models are not supported in Windows 8 and are not supported by the newer versions of EOS Utility.  This is why EOS Utility is not listed for these models and Windows 8.  The version required to work with Windows 8 does not support them."

First off windows 8 does support the camera, it is canon not supporting us, all we want is the utility to be fixed it is a known issue and they are just showing they dont care. So in that case I will have to switch over to a manufacture that does  like Nikon if this is the best canon can do. I dont want to have to buy a new camera cause that means new lenses as well but the xti is a great camera and does not need to be replaced,  mine works great it only the software that canon makes that does not work,. If they want to keep us then they should do free upgrades to new cameras if they are choosing not to support there own products. Or at a great discount.

This statment you made " The version required to work with Windows 8 does not support them" exactly says it all canon is not including our camera in the software. Add our cameras and all is well.

Announcements