cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility problem

alexpado
Apprentice

Hi to all,

I have a problem with the Eos Utility Software.

I have the OS Windows 8, and I installed the last version of EOS Uility 2.12 compatibility with the new OS.

When I connect my EOS 5D MKIII or the 7D the EOS Utility not recognized the camera.

The drivers are installed , all the others programs works fine with the cameras.

Someone have a suggestion ? Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was having the same issue with EOS Utility not seeing my D60.
In Device Manager, do you see any other devices other than your camera under "Portable Devices"? Under mine, I have listed 4 removable media drives "SD, CF, etc.) that corresponded to my All-in-one Internal USB2.0 connector Card Reader. Each slot is shown as a drive letter. I disabled all four drives by right clicking each one and choosing "Disable" Once that was complete I plugged the camera back in and started the Eos Utility. Camera was now fully recognized. I can still use the media slots even with each drive being disabled.
Good Luck
Rich

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

Awesome.  Glad it worked for you. 🙂  I know what it's like to try endless "solutions" and come up empty. Grrrrrrrrr.

I hope this little info-nugget helps a lot of people.  We are all working together to take better photos, and I'm happy to contribute in my own little way.

Keep shooting!

-Blake

This is great - the EOS Utility was refusing to enable the 'shoot' button - after this it worked like a charm, thank you! "Go ahead and plug in the camera and turn it on. Open Device Manager. Under the View Menu, check "Show Hidden Devices". Scroll down to the bottom of the list, expanding categories as needed, and find "Canon Digital Camera". There may be more than one copy present. Double click on each "Canon Digital Camera" in the list, click on the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and CHECK THE BOX that says "Delete the driver software for this device." Then click OK. Do this for each entry labeled "Canon Digital Camera." Then, with your camera still plugged in and turned on, click the Action menu and choose "Scan for hardware changes". "

Thank you, SioMoHolic, this solved my problim, hugh dublin, ireland 7th sept 2018!

@hubsm wrote:

Update:  I tried to download ver 3.0 but it would not let me.  When I entered my camera S/N I was told the the serial number I had entered was incorrect or does not belong to an applicable product.  Then I search some more and found Softpedia dot com that was showing ver. 2.14.1.  So, I'm going to try that.  When I saw that version shown earlier in this thread I mis-read it as 2.1.4.1 and thought it was older than my version.  I guess I should read slower - or get new glasses.

Update #2:  Downloaded v.2.14.1 - it worked.  Canon does not make it easy to find things like this when you don't have a newer product.  I guess I should not have been surprised, I used to work for Canon, just in a different division.

That was probably my fault. In my previous note I called it 2.1.14 instead of 2.14.1. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Kanitfastan
Contributor

Hi @ll!

I am new here and not a native English speaker. Therefore my pardon.

I want to quote SloMoHolic from ‎10-09-2014 11:33 AM! It seems to be a All Time Error. (The post is more than two years old and Canon does not react. (I hat not read all nine pages.)

I´v done everything! 

Last I deleted every external USB Driver, also my external Western Digital Backup Drive and the EOS itself.

Reinstalled the EOSU: Same time, same station: "Camera is not recognized." (Or similar, my version is German speaking.)

I´m spend about 8h on this problem. boring. 

My last idea is to reset Win8 with a one week old image of the system. But I also did a lot since then, so I am calling here for 

HELP!

EOSUtilityMeldung.JPG

EOS 5D Mark II, EOS Utility 2.14.10b
Windows 7&SP1, no other Hotfixes

Kanitfastan
Contributor

Thanks for reading - if one did. Solved the issue here: Got the latest version from Canon.at: "euw2.14.10b-updater", v 1.1.0.3, EOSUtility v 2.14.10b and restarted. Heureka. Canon rulez, they reacted! THX!

Hi again. C. did not solve my problem! Every time, the transmission of RAWs crashes or hangs- as system (interface) overloads - and a BSOD follows or the PC has been restarted, the Utility crashes permanently. Only Windows System Restore sets the SW to the previous working state. (Reinstall fails.) Now I will start the EOSU only after a daily System Restore by a batch. (This is my "work around".) Better ideas welcome....

@Kanitfastan wrote:
Hi again. C. did not solve my problem! Every time, the transmission of RAWs crashes or hangs- as system (interface) overloads - and a BSOD follows or the PC has been restarted, the Utility crashes permanently. Only Windows System Restore sets the SW to the previous working state. (Reinstall fails.) Now I will start the EOSU only after a daily System Restore by a batch. (This is my "work around".) Better ideas welcome....

If you're getting a BSOD, there's definitely something amiss. I have both versions of EOSU running with no issues under Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. But I'm a Windows system manager in Real Life, so I keep the computers I use very much up-to-date. Make sure you have the latest version of everything; and if you still have a problem, tell us the exact level you're at, so that we can try to help.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

THX for reply.
Sorry, for not being exactly in my description. I never saw a BSOD, against that, the sys. has been freezing then.
The behaviour only occurs with EOSU, both versions I had in use, AND concurrently when the hw-interfaces overloaded. (WAN-remote control AND 30Mb via USB(EOSU).
The sys.-freezing is more or less no prob. The problem is only, that the EOSU-software afterwards crashes permanently at start-up with camera control. (As i wrote, I tried everything "usual" fixing. (see above)

If that occurs in the future, I will reset the system with Windows System Restore. Then it works again.

I do not agree with Microsofts (and yours) strategy, to update permanently. I follow the philosophy: Never change a running system.

I was a network admin, now I am retired. Since my last post I got 38,5GB via EOSUtility. I am avoiding freezing, by not storing to much data simultaneously.
THX for reading.

Announcements