cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utility doesn't work

hartleyi
Contributor

As in common with a lot of threads on here and elsewhere, EOS utility doesn't work for me. I have tried the latest version and done all the usual things, but it doesn't see my camera (M6) in Windows10.

My question is to Canon - are they working on this problem and is a working version of utility 3 due soon?

Thanks

Ian

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not something Canon needs to work on, the M6 is supported.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-utility/

"It doesn't work for me"..  gives us near zero information to go on.

EOS Utility 3.7.0

Windows 10 version & build is? (type winver then press enter for this information)

I am using "what method?" to try and connect my camera to my PC.  I start the EOS Utility and .... (what happens)?

Troubleshooting steps you have tried or followed? ("The usual things") is too vague.

The more info you provide, the easier it will be for us to help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

OK, I'll expand...thanks for replying.

Windows 10 v 1709

build 16299.192

EOS utility v3.7.0

Connecting with WiFi.  I can download files using image transfer utility.  It also interacts OK with my android phone for remote shooting using Canon Connect via Wifi.

Starting EOS utility - I get a start up page (main options = download images, remote shooting, camera settings - but all greyed but and not clickable).  I can select 'preferences' or 'quit' buttons at the bottom right.

Troubleshooting - uninstall and reinstall, link with USB cable, make sure the latest versions of Canon software are loaded, ensuring system is appropriate.  Turning it on and off again. 

I've tried to connect on a Win7 machine and get the same. 

If you have a solution - I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian...  I'm trying to remember if someone else complained about a similar connectivity issue with their M6.  Just can't recall ATM.

Is the network profile for your wifi connection Public or Private?

Have you tried temporarily disabling windows firewall?

Do you have network discovery enabled? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Wifi is private

Yes, tried disabling the firewall and I have network discovery enabled.

Ian

Announcements