cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility update issue

matttickner
Apprentice

Hi all.

I recently purchased a Canon 600D and I wanted to start experimenting with timelapses.

I have done timelapses before using a 450D and the Canon EOS Utility, which I found to be perfect for what I needed.

I have installed the EOS Utility that came with the 600D, but that "cannot be used with my current operating system", which is Mac OS X 10.7.5. I have read that a number of other people have had a similar issue, but that their problems were solved by updating the EOS Utility using the 2.13.0 updater which is available for download from the Canon website. This is where my problem lies. 

I have managed to download the update installer, mount the .dmg file and get access to the installer. However, when I click on the installer, it extracts the files and then nothing. There is a little movement in the dock as it it's trying to do something (looks like a question mark comes up and then disappears again) but then nothing. This installer was downloaded from Canon's website, so assume it's not corrupted or anything like that?

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

1 REPLY 1

monicaschmidt64
Apprentice

Hi - Just wondering if you have figured out a solution to this problem. I am having the same issue on OSX Lion and have had no resolve after hours of searching through internet forums. 

Announcements