cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility not working with Windows 10

almaniac
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and immediatly ran into the problem that is described in this thread about Windows 8:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Eos-Utility-problem/td-p/1189

After reading that thread I decided to unplug the other USB devices I had in the computer at the time (Garmin Watch, USB key, smart phone) and turn off the camera.  I then turned on the camera and ran the EOS utility and it found my camera and worked correctly.

Clearly this problem is still not resolved, but that simple work-around gets me downloading my pictures again.  There are a lot of other things people tried in the above thread, but I just unplugged the USB devices and was good to go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, solved it. Went to the Canon Support site and although there is no updated software for WIN 10, I checked what was available in the Win 8.1 software. There is an "EOS Utility Updater"... this installed "EOS Utility 2" and now it is working just fine.

View solution in original post

200 REPLIES 200

ceesvg
Contributor

Same here.

My workaround is:

disconnect camera

remove the driver from windows devices

reconnect camera

Works for me 🙂

Just unplugging any other USB devices before connecting the camera should be good enough.  You shouldn't have to disable or remove the drivers for your devices.

But hey!  If it works, it works.

yep, if it works, it works,

but I'll try unplugging the other usbcables and see what happens 🙂

Well......

your option works... but i found another solution, bit of searching but it works.

Through the startup folder of windows the eos utility will auto start when starting windows.

but if you edit the shortcut in the startup folder to start "eos utility 2" (leave the rest of the shortcut in place) it will bring up the utility apparently in a different mode (or another version of it :)) that will recognize the camera as soon as you conect it (and switch it on :))

have not yey found out how to start it in the system tray 😞 but will keep looking

Having a similar issue on a Win10 PC - camera is recognized, but the EOS Utility will no longer download images from the camera. I have it set to execute automatically in the preferences, but it just won't work. In fact, the option to download is not even active on the EOS Utility window. (see screen shot) I tried the solutions above, inculding disabling all portable devices and trying different USB ports - in all cases the camera IS recognized but it simply will not download images - I can only retrieve them by removing the SD card from the camera and plugging it into the PC then copying from there.EOS Utility Issue.JPG

OK, solved it. Went to the Canon Support site and although there is no updated software for WIN 10, I checked what was available in the Win 8.1 software. There is an "EOS Utility Updater"... this installed "EOS Utility 2" and now it is working just fine.

Great job! Worked like a charm! Thanks for posting!

I'm having the same problem. Just upgraded to Windows 10. Can't connect my 70D via USB or Wireless. EOS utility only shows 2 buttons. One says Pairing over WiFi/Lan the other is Cancel.

Camera screen looks ok. Says to start software on PC. EOS utility is running.

EDIT: Here is what EOS utility looks like.

Capture.JPG

Have you tried the option about ËOS Utility 2 ??

This seems to solve the problem for most of this.....

Announcements