cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Software is not installing

Enix
Contributor

I have downloaded the EOS Utility 3.4.30 for Mac OSX and unzipped the file and mounted the disk image. When I click the installer, it begins to extract the files and appears to finish but nothing happens. Literally, nothing happens. No notification or error message or even a message asking me to type in my password. I have changed the setting to allow any downloaded apps anywhere to be installed so I don't get the "Are you sure? You downloaded this from a website" message any more but still it doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

I am running OSX 10.11

15 REPLIES 15

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Enix,

Thanks for posting.

Please try this:

Put your EOS Solutions Disk in your computer's optical drive, then exit the installer when it opens. Next, double-click the "eum3.4.30-installer" file in "EU3.4.30" to begin installation and follow the on-screen instructions, including a request to restart your computer if it appears.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Enix
Contributor

I have a MacBook Pro with Mac OSX El Capitan latest version. Will that matter? I don't recall an installer when I insert the solutions disk. When I follow the instructions on the installation manual, which says to double-click on the "Set-up" icon, it tries to open but then closes immediately without doing anything. When looking through the folders there is no emu3.4.30-installer file or EU3.4.30. If it helps, my disk is ver. 30.4.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm encountering the same problem and it's super frustrating. I've downloaded the new EOS Utility 3.5 from the website and can't get that to install, either. Currently running Sierra on my MacBook Pro.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You need to download the file that's called EOS Solution Disk.

The updater files on the Canon site will only update software that is already installed.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

5 years later, and I'm hitting the same thing.

Yes, I started with EOS Utility, and then I tried the solutions disk, and yes I changed my security preferences to allow software installed from anywhere.

None of these changed anything. All the applications unzip and then extract, and then nothing happens, no warnings, no failures, and apparently no installed software.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements