Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-19-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

Yes, I run Windows 10 Pro.

 

And the comment >>According to HP, it uses an AMD processor and was sold for less than 200 bucks.  The problem is the hardware.<< by Waddizzle is rediculos. As software developer with 30 years of experience this would really suprise me if Canon's software developers have been so creative as to make EOSU and EOSU2 crash if the CPU cost less than 200 bucks!

 

And my HP Elitebook is with an Intel i5 four core CPU.

 

And Waddizzle, if you bother to read my thread from the beginning, You will find that EOSU2 was indeed running perfectly on my PC the past 6 month.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,451
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup


rudibr wrote:

Yes, I run Windows 10 Pro.

 

And the comment >>According to HP, it uses an AMD processor and was sold for less than 200 bucks.  The problem is the hardware.<< by Waddizzle is rediculos. As software developer with 30 years of experience this would really suprise me if Canon's software developers have been so creative as to make EOSU and EOSU2 crash if the CPU cost less than 200 bucks!

 

And my HP Elitebook is with an Intel i5 four core CPU.

 

And Waddizzle, if you bother to read my thread from the beginning, You will find that EOSU2 was indeed running perfectly on my PC the past 6 month.


The model number you posted comes up as a tablet PC from 2011, running an AMD Atom CPU.  Google it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-19-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

[ Edited ]

First google hit on "elitebook 8640p" is:

 

<removed per forum guidelines>

 

When I get home from work I will have a look inside the PC to see whats realy there ;-)

 

Edit: url above removed 'per forum guidelines', here's a screenshot in stead:

googlesearch.png

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-19-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

Hi, back a home, here's sys info:

sysinfo.jpg

 

And again, I have installed DigiCamControl which also has a live feature. DigiCamControl works just fine - so I'm happy.

(But still wondering why EOSU doesn't work, but I guess that Canon's key compentences is in constructing cameras and not software).

Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,451
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

I see.  Do you?  You have been posting one model number, while discussing a laptop with another model number.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-19-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

[ Edited ]

Yes Waddizzle, I do, oh - I am so sorry for the confusion.

 

My laptop is NOT a " HP EliteBook 8460p" as I wrote 09-28-2017 05:45 AM, but a "HP EliteBook 8460p".

I was at work at the time and didn't remember it correctly. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

 

However, still strange that EOSU2 crashes.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 3,734
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup


rudibr wrote:

Yes Waddizzle, I do, oh - I am so sorry for the confusion.

 

My laptop is NOT a " HP EliteBook 8460p" as I wrote 09-28-2017 05:45 AM, but a "HP EliteBook 8460p".

I was at work at the time and didn't remember it correctly. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

 

However, still strange that EOSU2 crashes.


Well, I've read that post several times; and if there's a difference between those two model numbers, I guess my eyes aren't good enough to pick it up.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Honored Contributor
Posts: 5,451
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup


RobertTheFat wrote:

rudibr wrote:

Yes Waddizzle, I do, oh - I am so sorry for the confusion.

 

My laptop is NOT a " HP EliteBook 8460p" as I wrote 09-28-2017 05:45 AM, but a "HP EliteBook 8460p".

I was at work at the time and didn't remember it correctly. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

 

However, still strange that EOSU2 crashes.


Well, I've read that post several times; and if there's a difference between those two model numbers, I guess my eyes aren't good enough to pick it up.


Yet another typo, Bob.  Take a look at the screen shot of the search screen.  Digits are transposed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-19-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

Darn it. I’ll avoid writing the model number here again. Obviously there’s no limit to how I can mess it up.
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎10-20-2017

Re: EOS Utility 2 crashes on startup

My was crashing with my USB 3.0 and WiFi conection but not with USB 2.0

installing  new Usb 3.0 card fix the problem with the cable

WiFi was crashing bucause i was using VPN. without VPN works with no problem

 

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/EOS-Utility-issue-Live-view-freeze/td-p/219136/page/2

powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement