cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Solution Disk v28.1 installation problem on Mac.

karolinamonika
Apprentice

Yesterday I got the EOS 700D camera and when I wanted to install the EOS Solution Disk nothing happened. Nothing seems to happen when I click the setup icon. Has this happened to anyone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

teohinojosa
Apprentice

Same problem, same camera - t5i.  On a MacBook Pro running  OS 10.9 mavericks.

I have the software version 28.0

I fixed it by creating a different user (must be with administrator privileges), and with that user I could install the software, and then switch to my normal user which then had the software installed.

A bit of an annoyance, and had to do some internet digging on other forums to find this, but it works.  Hopefully canon will fix this for others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

teohinojosa
Apprentice

Same problem, same camera - t5i.  On a MacBook Pro running  OS 10.9 mavericks.

I have the software version 28.0

I fixed it by creating a different user (must be with administrator privileges), and with that user I could install the software, and then switch to my normal user which then had the software installed.

A bit of an annoyance, and had to do some internet digging on other forums to find this, but it works.  Hopefully canon will fix this for others.

Turns out you don't really need it, and you can just use iPhoto for photos and iMovie for the video recordings. I kind of just panicked because it strictly says in the manual not to plug in your camera to your computer without installing the **bleep** disk. Being new to this whole DSLR thing made me question if my camera would explode or something. Thankfully it didn't! 

Announcements