cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote for Windows Phone 8

lnewton64
Apprentice

Are there any plans on releasing a version of the EOS Remote software for Windows Phone 8 in the near future?

Thanks

162 REPLIES 162

krkro18
Apprentice

Agreed, I just got the 6D and would really like to be able to use my Nokia 920 with Windows Phone 8 to control it.

I really like the deafening silence that we are getting on this thread from anyone at Canon! 😞

Could someone from Canon Please respond in one of three ways:

1.  It's in the works and should be out in the near future

2.  It's currently being considered, but is not currently being worked on

3.  There are no current plans to develop a EOS Remote app for Windows Phone 8

Obviously, the answer I want to hear is the first option that I gave, but whatever the answer is it would be at least nice to know.

Thanks

Agree with Inewton64, can someone tell us what's your plans for eos remote for windows phone 8? 

thank you 

oh yes, we want windows phone8 app for controlling eos 6d, thank you

Agreed, I just got the 6D and would really like to be able to use my Nokia Lumia 1320 with Windows Phone 8 to control it.

wjill
Apprentice

Their answer

Thank you for your interest in seeing a Windows mobile version of our EOS software.
I'm not sure if or when we will have Windows mobile support. Right now, that is not an operating system that we support, but that might change over time. We do appreciate your feedback on the matter.
Like the rest of the technicians here at Canon technical support, I don't learn of the new software options we will offer until around when we make the announcement to the world, so I really don't know know what is coming next.
Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks again for choosing Canon.
Sincerely

well....= =

Thanks Wjill for posting the feedback from Canon Technical Support!  Unfortunately, it sounds like the person that you talked to doesn't really have any idea (I'm not suprised.  I wouldn't expect someone in tech support to know).  We really need to hear from someone in the development/engineering side of the company.

Stephen

Thank you all for your interest in Canon’s Mobile Apps! We’re constantly looking to improve and update our software, however at this time we’re not planning on developing a Windows Phone 8 App.

Bummer!!  I hope that Canon reconsiders as I really do think that Windows Phone 8 is starting to gain traction in the marketplace.

Anyways, thanks for responding.

Announcements