cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadble CD image or solution disk software

Jairo
Apprentice

Hi, everyone.

I have a Canon 60Da with the CD, but my computer has no CD reader. So, of course, I cannot install the EOS Utility.

I have my serial number. Therefore, I was looking for the image of the CD or, at least, the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, allegedly available in Canon websites. But, frankly, I searched for a good time, even in links provided by people from this forum, and I could not find them.

Could someone provide me the exact link for the image of the Canon 60Da CD or the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jairo wrote:

Thank you, Shadowsports, but in this webpage I can only see the following downloads:

Digital Photo Professional 4.8.30 for Windows

Picture Style Editor 1.20.20 for Windows

Digital Photo Professional 3.15.0 Updater for Windows

EOS Utility 2.14.20a Updater for Windows

Could you pinpoint exactly where they are -- in that webpage?

Selecting an older Operating System, whichever one was current when the camera was released.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@Jairo wrote:

Shadowsports,

That is the only way to install the EOS Utility. For kafkaesque reasons, Canon webpage provides only updates for it, not the full install. ...

Not true. In the old days Canon's Web site provided only "updaters" that could be applied to the base versions on the CDs delivered with their cameras. But when it finally became clear that many tablet computers, and some laptops, would never have the ability to read CDs, they posted a base "CD" online. Later they basically gave up and started posting fully installable modules, but required a valid camera serial number to download them. But only modern versions of their software were given the installable modules. For cameras that needed older versions, one has to find and download the online "CD". I've long since forgotten where it is, and Canon has re-organized their Web site, which makes it even harder to guess its location. But if you call Canon Support, I'm sure they can tell you.

Why did/does Canon go to such lengths to "protect" their software? I couldn't tell you. It's clear that all a competitor would have to do is buy a Canon camera and download everything. It must be something their lawyers insisted that they do.

BTW. I'm not sure that any of this even applies to EOS Utility. Your camera may need Version 2, but the installation module for Version 3 includes Version 2. When you call Version 3, a dispatcher module automatically calls Version 2 if that's what your camera needs.

Why doesn't Canon clearly spell all this out? I have no idea. Maybe they do, but I haven't seen it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@Jairo wrote:

Shadowsports,

That is the only way to install the EOS Utility. For kafkaesque reasons, Canon webpage provides only updates for it, not the full install.

After I get the full install, then I will surely update it.

Not exactly true.  Did you try installing the software listed under the Windows 10 option?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements