cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadble CD image or solution disk software

Jairo
Apprentice

Hi, everyone.

I have a Canon 60Da with the CD, but my computer has no CD reader. So, of course, I cannot install the EOS Utility.

I have my serial number. Therefore, I was looking for the image of the CD or, at least, the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, allegedly available in Canon websites. But, frankly, I searched for a good time, even in links provided by people from this forum, and I could not find them.

Could someone provide me the exact link for the image of the Canon 60Da CD or the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jairo wrote:

Thank you, Shadowsports, but in this webpage I can only see the following downloads:

Digital Photo Professional 4.8.30 for Windows

Picture Style Editor 1.20.20 for Windows

Digital Photo Professional 3.15.0 Updater for Windows

EOS Utility 2.14.20a Updater for Windows

Could you pinpoint exactly where they are -- in that webpage?

Selecting an older Operating System, whichever one was current when the camera was released.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Available on Canon's wesite if you search

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, Shadowsports, but in this webpage I can only see the following downloads:

@Jairo wrote:

Selecting an older Operating System, whichever one was current when the camera was released.

Thank you all! Despite not being offered for Windows 10 users, is it OK to install it anyway? Are there no incompatibility issues?

@Jairo wrote:

Thank you all! Despite not being offered for Windows 10 users, is it OK to install it anyway? Are there no incompatibility issues?

Yes, it should be okay.  Then you will need to install the upgrades that have been released over time, until you install the Windows 10 version, which is what you should have installed in the first place.

Use the video to how to install the EOS utility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLISryqbSc

@Jairo wrote:

Hi, everyone.

I have a Canon 60Da with the CD, but my computer has no CD reader. So, of course, I cannot install the EOS Utility.

I have my serial number. Therefore, I was looking for the image of the CD or, at least, the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, allegedly available in Canon websites. But, frankly, I searched for a good time, even in links provided by people from this forum, and I could not find them.

Could someone provide me the exact link for the image of the Canon 60Da CD or the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, please?

All of what you're looking for is there (on the Canon Web site); but Canon does a less than exemplary job of explaining where to find it and how to use it. If all else fails, go to your local library (most public libraries have computers available to the public these days) and copy your CD to a memory stick.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Jario,

All the solutions CD is going to give you is a bunch of old outdated software.  Why would you want to install and try to use software more than 4 yrs old. 

Untitled.png

Download the stand alone (latest) versions of the applications.  Everything except for Image Browser EX (which you do not need) will install under W7, 8 or 10.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports,

That is the only way to install the EOS Utility. For kafkaesque reasons, Canon webpage provides only updates for it, not the full install.

After I get the full install, then I will surely update it.

Announcements