cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital photo professional 4

Rchadwick
Apprentice
I recently upgraded from an older version. Version 4 doesn't allow me to cut and paste or to copy to a sub folder. I take sports photos and file them by date taken. I then make sub folders and label them by team/quality of photo and cut and paste to the sub folder. That way all my sub folder info is still filed under the date folder. This was never a problem before. Any advice? Does anyone know if 4.5 allows this? I called tech support and all they could tell me was "I can't do it from my computer either" "don't know why it changed".
5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I never knew that DPP allowed you manage, copy, and paste files.  Isn't this what that "Image Browser" software supposed to do for you?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle wrote:

I never knew that DPP allowed you manage, copy, and paste files.  Isn't this what that "Image Browser" software supposed to do for you?

I've used successive versions of DPP for almost ten years, and that has always worked for me. 4.5.10 has a problem with drag and drop, but cut and paste have always worked properly.

I've always assumed that Image Browser was merely a successor to Zoombrowser, i.e. a dumbed-down editor for P&S users who don't want to bother learning a serious editor.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I can cut and paste, but it won't allow me to cut and paste to a subfolder of the original folder.  

Cut and paste works fine in 4.5.20 to cut from parent folder and paste to sub-folder. W7 computer.

Drag and drop also works. with 4.5.20.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If I select a photo and right click I get a menu that allows me to cut and paste. I don't normally do it, but I verified that I could for this response. Windows 7, DPP 4.5.20.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements