cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional and Aspect Ratio on DPP Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0) OS X version 10.8.5

dhnieman
Apprentice

I recently up graded to DPP  Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0)  and it seems have lost the capability when cropping using the trimming tool to convert the cropped images to their cropped aspect ratio.

Shoot events with two cameras 6D and 50D. Always shoot RAW. At the end of an event may have as many as 1000 images to edit and convert to small sized JPGs for display on WEB.  I bring in the RAW, select the RAW images to be converted, then from the Collection TAB edit the RAW. Editing may include cropping a 3:2 image to 4:3 or 5:4 or 2:3 or 3:4 or 4:5 or Custom. Once I have completed the editing and cropping  I apply the BATCH Process to convert the RAW images to JPG and resize and rename. Here is where the issue appears. Before upgrading to DPP 3:13 I would use the following conversion selections :

File Format Exif- JPEG

Image Quality 10 Embedded ICC Profile

Resize (in Resize I would always select )

900 pixel Width and 600 pixel height with Lock Aspect Ratio

Then would name the file

With those parameters the converted and saved images would convert to the proper sizes with proper Aspect Ration as Cropped and Trimmed. I would always line up the images so that the 3:2 ratio would show in the selection window (5472 x3648) then I would enter the new desired size  (900 x 600) . The 3:2 images would convert to 900 x 600 and the images cropped to 5:4 Aspect Ratio would convert  for example to 642 x 514  (the proper ratio for 5:4). 

With the new version 3:13 the image cropped to 5:4 also is converted to 900 x 600 rather than the desired 642 x 514. 

This is a real conundrum for my workflow. It works the same way even if I uncheck the Lock Ratio Option on the Resize command options. 

How can I fix this? If uninstalling and reverting back to the older version of DPP is my only solution, what are proper steps for uninstall and reinstall of older version and maintain data structure. 

I have Lightroom but have never been able to get a workflow as efficient as the DPP flow for converting hundreds of RAW to small cropped JPGs. 

Thanks for your help. 

Don 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the suggestion. Called CPS guys today and talked through the issue, it turns out is a software issue with DPP  Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0) and OS X version 10. I need to uninstall DPP  Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0)  and load the version I had replaced. (From the disc that came with the 6D).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz

I don't use DPP enough to help you with your issue. But Lightroom is really great program for batch processing. It is much much better than DPP, so you may want to look at it again since you arealdy have it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you for the suggestion. Called CPS guys today and talked through the issue, it turns out is a software issue with DPP  Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0) and OS X version 10. I need to uninstall DPP  Version 3.13.51 (3.13.51.0)  and load the version I had replaced. (From the disc that came with the 6D).

Announcements